Hey everyone. So, I thought that I’d make this post a little different, you know, change it up a bit!
Cooking has always been a passion of mine, however, how much I can do it depends on my health. However, recently I have undergone a variety of dietary changes after discovering that I have a few intolerances, which has been a shock to the system to say the least! My new diet is dairy-free and gluten-free, which may be restrictive to some, but I have never felt more energised or healthy since I have cut out all the food that my body can’t cope with.
One of my favourite things to cook at the minute is a rice bowl with some Quorn steak pieces (gluten free). This is an absolutely delicious, healthy and filling meal, and I usually have leftovers that can be reheated.
I also just want to say that the reason I use microwaveable rice is for simplicity and convenience. However, you should use whichever rice you prefer!
- 1 packet of egg-fried rice
- Handful of tender stem broccoli
- Handful of mangetout
- 1 packet of pepper stir fry vegetables
- 1 cm of grated ginger
- Some fresh coriander (put as much in as you like, but I usually put in a large pinch)
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce (gluten free)
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 Spring onions
- First, I usually cook the broccoli in a large pan with some rapeseed oil, salt and pepper. I put the lid on the pan and leave it for a few minutes to soften, otherwise you will have some very crunchy broccoli!
- Put some Quorn steak pieces in a frying pan, drizzle a little oil and put it on a medium heat. These will take approximately 12 minutes to cook.
- I then add in the crushed garlic clove, a little soy sauce and the ginger. I give it a stir, put the lid back on the pan, and I let it cook for another minute.
- In the meantime, I will put the rice in the microwave to cook, as well as the mangetout.
- Now I will add the packet of pepper stir fry vegetables into the pan, and I will add a little bit more oil and some more soy sauce. Leave this to cook for a few minutes.
- Once the vegetables have softened a little more, I put the rice and the mangetout into the pan. I will then place the coriander into the mixture and some more soy sauce if needed. Once the Quorn is ready I add it in, and then I then season with salt and pepper.
Disclaimer: I am not a chef, nor do I claim to be. I am probably doing this all wrong, but I am a student, and I don’t have the time to cook everything from scratch. It tastes good either way! ❤
This tastes absolutely amazing and it is really filling. The reason I use the microwave for the mangetout and rice is simply because of convenience. I usually don’t have a lot of time, so I try to make quick and healthy food when possible.
I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe! You can modify it to your own dietary needs, and if you do take inspiration from it or recreate it, I hope that you enjoy it!